Week 2 Rankings
One thing is for certain, Team Defense got lost in the lock-out. There is a whole lot of scoring going on. With the last two Super Bowl winners being explosive offensive teams and the NFL being a copycat league, high scoring is everywhere.
1. Green Bay - Another week, another shoot-out. What happened to their D? They have All-Pro personnel at each level so the defense should be better than this.
2. New England - The Pats look like they will break all the scoring records this year. The problem will be their defense could give up even more points that they score. Can the team score 35 every week to keep winning?
3. Jets - This team actually tries to play defense. They also try to run the ball. The teams ahead of them hardly pretend to do either. They will probably have to open up the offense too though since their running game is sputtering. LaDainian Tomlinson is ready for the nursing home and Shon Greene is underachieving.
4. Lions - You could see this coming. After finally getting rid of Matt Millen, the Lions have drafted very well. They have playmakers everywhere. Matt Stafford looks like the real deal. If he stays healthy, this team could do some serious damage.
5. Buffalo Bills - I don't really think the Bills are the 5th best team in the NFL but they are 2-0, have scored a ton points and are a good story. I probably should put the Texans here but they get off to fast starts every year and then fade into oblivion. If the Texans beat the Saints this weekend, then I'll rank em.