Thursday, August 26, 2010

J-E-T-S.......

I am normally not a fan of reality television. I would much rather LIVE life than watch other people living theirs. However, I make an exception for HBO's Hard Knocks cause, you know, it’s football. This has been a great season mainly because the Jets as an organization just don't seem to care what anyone thinks about them. They curse, they haze, they fawn over the absent Darrelle Revis. I love it! They are arrogant, they are cocky and they are completely unapologetic about it. Past seasons have been much more restrained and calculated. Those organizations and coaches had reputations to uphold. Not these Jets. This team has definitely taken on the personality of their head coach and, in team sports, that's a good thing. I wonder what Tony Dungy* thinks about last night's episode? If he was concerned about the amount of profanity in the 1st episode, I'm certain he dropped his bible after watching this one. I guess ole Rex will have to call him up and apologize again. Anyway, I think I’m gonna be rooting for Buddy’s boy and the J-E-T-S this season.

*For full disclosure, I hate Tony Dungy. I have no reason to yet I do. It’s sorta like how people hate Tim Tebow for no real discernible reason. I hate Dungy in that same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment