Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm still trying....

It's been a sad couple of weeks for ole Brett Favre. First Favre is  accused of sending pictures of his winky-dink to a sideline hostess (What the hell is a sideline hostess?).  Then he goes and re-injures his ankle. So in one week the indestructible Brett may have to sit out from injury and he gets caught up in tabloid BS. 

I hope Brett will be able to play. I just don't want to see the streak end.  If I had to create my all time football team (foreshadowing), Favre would be the quarterback. There is something to be said about a guy who shows up every Sunday ready to play. And not just play, win. Win more games than any other QB.  And along the way, throw more TD passes than any other QB.

Regarding those voice mails and alleged naughty pic, I can care less. I do not view athletes as role models. I love sports more than most but I have never looked up to any athlete in my life. Ever! I've never had those deluded fantasies that most sports fans have that athletes belong in a special place. They entertain me when they perform and that is the extent of the relationship. 

With that out of the way, wasn't Brett just pitiful?  "I'm still trying." What the hell was a Hall of Fame quarterback doing begging some random side-line chic for anything?  Rather pathetic. My wife laughs her ass off every time she hears it. One would think Brett would have a better pitch. Brett has always been known for questionable decision-making on the field and I guess that still carries over to his off the field life as well.



Hmmm.. Maybe sideline "hostesses" are important after all.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah i feel you man, I would hate to see the streak end this way. I always said he should have just stayed retired, there was just no way he was going to top his last year.

    ReplyDelete