Friday, November 12, 2010

My All-time team - Cornerbacks

Here are the starting cornerbacks on my team.



Some players just grasp your attention the first time you see them play. Deion Sanders was just such a player for me. I am not a flamboyant person and I normally do not like excessive celebrations. However, I watched his games intent on seeing him high-stepping down the sideline. He talked a big game and he backed every bit of it up.  During tonight's game between the Falcons and the Ravens, Prime Time was inducted into the Falcons Ring of Honor. While he got his start in Atlanta, his best season was the 1994 season with San Francisco in which he was named Defensive Player of the Year. That year, he set the standard for conerback play. While Deion was not a physical tackler, he was a true shut-down corner who was a pick-six waiting to happen.




The other starting corner is Rod Woodson. Since I have Sanders at one corner, I figure I need a more physical corner opposite him. Woodson brought the wood. He laid out receivers and running backs. You have to be physical to play for the Steelers and Rod fit the bill. He also was excellent in coverage. Furthermore, he owns the record for the most interceptions returned for touchdowns. He was a great player and earned his spot on my team.


Niclebacks:

Dale Carter - Tough, physical and a tad dirty. Exactly my type of player

Charles Woodson - Great ball skills and a good guy. Great returner and donated 2 million UM for pediatric research.

3 comments:

  1. I really like Champ Bailey and Charles Woodson. I want them on my team.

    -Tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we'll put a young guy on there... He needs some work but he makes plays when they count. He can be beat but in a couple years, I think he's going to be a great. Tracy Porter.

    -Tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rod and Prime. Honorable mentions to Dick Lebeau and Mel Blount.

    ReplyDelete