Tuesday, July 19, 2011

All-Time Team - Tight End

All-Time Tight-end - Mike Ditka



This position was perhaps the most difficult to pick. Its not that I have too many favorite tight-ends. Its just the opposite. I really don't watch the position like I do others. Plus its a hybrid spot. You got to block and you have to catch and I have never decided which aspect I think is most important. The tight-ends that I should use all have some quality that I dislike. For example, Shannon Sharpe looks like a horse. Sea Biscuit can not make my squad. Antonio Gates is as bad built as I've ever seen a pro athlete. I don't need him waddling down the seams for my team. Tony Gonzalez is too much of a pretty boy for me. No prancing around on my squad either. In case you haven't noticed, I like football players with mean streaks; guys with notorious dispositions. Therefore, Mike Ditka is the perfect guy to be my tight-end. While I never seen him play, he is in the Hall of Fame. His demonstrative demeanor as a coach leads me to conclude that he has the right temperament for this squad. I can still see him berating Jim Harbaugh for throwing that pick six against the Vikings. It was child abuse on national TV except Harbaugh was an adult. No matter how successful Harbaugh is as a coach, I still feel bad for him for that day.

Having Ditka on the squad provides many benefits. He can serve as Head Coach in pinch. He did win over 100 games in the league. He can get catering from his steakhouse. In fact, Ditka would be over all food and beverage. Brats and beer for everyone. Plus he'll have a stash of Levitra for the older players. Only thing he would not have a hand in is personnel decisions. We saw how that turned out for the Saints.

Jimmy Graham



I figure I should at least have a player I watched on the squad so I present to you Jimmy Graham. This kid has star written all over him. I know he is still unproven and raw, but I just love the enthusiasm that he brings to the game. With his work ethic, their is no doubt he will fulfill his potential. Plus I like the fact that he overcame racism (from his relatives on both sides of his family for being mixed) homelessness and poverty just to get to college. So he no doubt has character which is always a good thing to have on one's team. 

Who are your favorite tight ends? I bet I get some interesting picks on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment