Monday, June 4, 2012

Star Driven Day in Sports

Some sports day we had yesterday. It was a day of comebacks so its only fitting that I "comeback" to blogging. First Tiger Woods has a tremendous day and wins an event to tie The Golden Bear for second place on the al1-time wins list. To do it in Jack's on tournament is special. To accomplish this a full 10 years younger is elite. Tiger has that unquantifiable "it" factor that makes people "stars".  I don't watch golf but I pay attention when Tiger is in the hunt. No other golfer has that factor.

This second comeback did not quite make it. The Heat had a ferocious 2nd half to make it interesting down the stretch. They just couldn't seal the deal. I am rooting for the Heat to make the finals and face OKC. Why? The same reason I watch Tiger play golf. I want to see stars in the finals. While the Spurs and Celtics both have all-time great players, they don't have stars in my opinion. The Spurs do not have a single player that I have to watch. For all the great play that Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce have produced their careers, you can take your eyes off them. True star players grab your attention and force you to watch them regardless if you like the player or not. The closest thing to a star on Celtics is Rando. If he can fix that broken jumper of his he may become a superstar. Let's pray for a Heat vs Thunder Finals so the true stars can shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment