Thursday, December 2, 2010

NFL Power Rankings

1. Patriots - Nice practice against Lions on Thanksgiving. Did they break a sweat?

2. Falcons -  Big win against the Pack. I have not bought into the Falcons as a serious contender all season but I have to give credit where credit is due. They have developed into a serious contender.

3. Jets - Workman-like victory over the Bengals. I absolutely can't wait to next Monday to see the show-down againts the Patriots.

4. Steelers - Team caught a break against the Bills. Thanks Stevie Johnson for dropping the game winning td and then blaming God for your failures. I think next Sunday will be a blood-bath as the team hosts the Ravens.

5. Ravens - Hard fought victory against the young Buccaneers team. Showdown Sunday!!!!!

6. Chicago - Cutler is playing well. Special teams and defense will keep you in a lot of games so Cutler's play will determine how far they go.

7. Saints - Nice comeback against the Cowboys.

8. Eagles - Vick played well but the defense could not get the Bears off the field. The Bears kept the ball nearly the entire 3rd quarter.  Can't score if you don't have the ball. Eagles need to improve their D.

9. Green Bay - The next big game Aaron Rogers wins will be the first big game he's ever won.  Team could have remained ahead of the Bears but now they are in a dogfight for a division.

10. Tampa Bay - The Bucs played the Ravens tough. In the end, they did not have enough experience or playmakers to pull out the win. I'm impressed that they are still in the playoff race. No one expected them to win five games yet they've won 7. It'll be interesting to see how the play down the stretch.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I just found your blog from Quincey at Thank Q, and man did I pick the wrong time. You havent bought into my Dirty Birds. Come on now. Unbeaten at home and a close loss to Pittsburgh in the Steel City. Winning the close games in the clutch, doesnt that make a good team? Ok, cant give you too much grief, for the forst day. Let me read some more.

    Damn I love me a sports blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time in a long time we differ on a few slots. I have the jets and Falcons flipped flopped but i'm with you on not trusting the birds just yet. They are not a exciting team but they win games i have to dispute your choice for the Ravens at 5. I think the Bears, even though I don't trust Cutler AT ALL deserve to be slotted their. They did what most teams haven't this year in slowing down Vick. Good list tho man. www.sportaholic2112.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really thought the birds were gonna lose this week. Well, I was hoping so anyway. We'll see what happens with the Saints/Falcons rematch.

    ReplyDelete