Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Overcoming Adversity

Throughout my many years of playing and then coaching football, one theme remained constant. Coaches would always talk about the ability to "overcome adversity." Just writing those words brings back memories of countless speeches I heard and later gave.  I bring this up to share with you the story of this kid from a rural Colorado town. This high schooler sat at his mothers side as she died and then a couple of days later led his team to the league title by pitching a no-hitter AND hitting four home-runs.  Damn good way to respond to adversity.  This is why I love sports so......



1 comment:

  1. My man, your finally back. I thought you were done blogging but I see you have changed the look on here. I have a blog talk radio spot now and would you be guest and talk some football with me. Just hit me up by e-mail or twitter and we can set something up. Peace

    ReplyDelete